- On Sale
- Mass Settings
- Gospel Acclamations
- Responsorial Psalms
- Hymns & Spiritual Songs
- For Choirs
- For Musicians
- For Assemblies
- Liturgical Song Suggestions
Paul Mason is Chief Executive Officer, Publisher and Composer at his publishing business, Liturgical Song.
Paul's psalms, hymns and Mass setting compositions are widely used in parishes and schools throughout Australia and New Zealand as well as in "Mass For You At Home," broadcast weekly on Network Ten.
Paul also serves the Church in the following roles to help promote music in the liturgy - the beauty that invites prayer.
- Chair of the Diocesan Liturgical Commission of the Catholic Diocese of Wollongong
- Consultant, National Liturgical Council of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference
- Liturgy Consultant, "Mass For You At Home," Catholic Diocese of Wollongong
- Past President (2011-2015) and Past Secretary (2016-2020) of the Australian Pastoral Musicians Network
- Past Member (2016-2021), National Liturgical Music Council of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference
- Past Member (2012-2016), National Liturgical Music Board Hymn Committee
- Coordinator of Music Rosters, Lumen Christi Catholic Parishes, Wollongong
- Coordinator of Music at St Brigid’s Church, Gwynneville
- Presenter at National Liturgy, Australian Academy of Liturgy and Australian Pastoral Musicians Network Conferences.
- Author of numerous articles published in journals and magazines including Worship, Australian Journal of Liturgy, Australian eJournal of Theology, Liturgy News, APMN Newsletter, Living Liturgy and The Summit.
Paul Mason is a liturgist and composer of liturgical music. He has worked in the music industry and in IT since the 1970’s, and began composing liturgical music in the 1990’s. He first published Mass of Glory and Praise in 2004 through Willow Publishing, followed by Psalms For All Time in 2007. He established www.liturgicalsong.com in 2007 for online sales and distribution of publications. In 2008 he undertook the adaptation of Colin Smith's Mass Shalom to the new texts of the Roman Missal 3rd Edition. He first published Mass of the Saints in 2010.
In 2016, Paul established Liturgical Song as an independent publishing business. All Paul's works previously published through Willow Publishing are now published through Liturgical Song and available on this website.
Paul played a significant role in the establishment of the Australian Pastoral Musicians Network (APMN) and worked full time as the Director of Liturgy and Ministry for the Diocese of Wollongong during years 2011-2020. Paul retired from this position in February 2020 to concentrate on composing and publishing activities at Liturgical Song.
Paul's previous roles include:
- Pastoral Associate, Lower North Shore Parish, Diocese of Broken Bay (2004-2011)
- General Manager, Ericsson (2001-2004)
- General Manager, Fujitsu (1990-2001)
- National Sales Manager, Unisys (1976-1990)
Paul holds a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (Melbourne University), a Master of Arts in Theology (Australian Catholic University), and a Master of Arts in Liturgy (Australian Catholic University / Catholic Institute of Sydney).